Saturday 22 August 2009

Outdoor Cinema

I remember once when we were in Greece somewhere we saw some people sitting out in the sun watching a film. It looked like such a nice thing to do I decided to add it to my list.
So... I saw an advert for Wimbledon film club short film festival at Merton Abbey Mills so myself and David duly attended.

Unfortunately it was not a bit like my rosy idea of a warm summers evening watching a lovely film.

The people running it were all a bit- how can I say this politely- dozy. "Now you want 2 tickets and they are £3 each so thats..." Didn't feel like helping out a grown man with 3 plus 3.
A few other organisers were fiddling with the projector trying to get it to line up with the screen for about half an hour. In retrospect this was the best bit of the evening.

Once the films started they were just in the main unintelligable to us any rate. A man sitting in front of us was laughing madly at a film about Virginia Woolfe but maybe it was just over our heads. Another film was a line drawing of two conjoined people dancing and I'm sure was very meaningful to someone but not to us. I didn't even understand the notes about another film about a Russian which seemed to consist of lots of people standing around wearing scary and scarier make-up.
We decided to leave after this point in case I got nightmares so although it is an experience I can cross off my list I am hoping to repeat it at Dulwich picture gallery where they are showing Mamma Mia- sounds like it will be a much better night for it couldn't have been worse but at least it was an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment