Monday 12 October 2009

Holidaying with Kids and other things

Have just spent a lovely week in Cornwall Geri and Catrina came but the rest of the kids didn't for various reasons. Geri beat David at go-karting which has always been on her wish list a bonus to beat him as well lol. Before I went I had a go at dying my eyelashes myself made a bit of a boob in not putting enough mixture in but it was noticable enough for a friend and Geri to comment so will do this again. Wore makeup when we went out so am putting this in as once for this task.
There was a lovely spa at the hotel so this counts as a spa visit and it was so lovely and warm that I was able to continue my swimming challenge and have now completed 24700 metres which is actually 16.5 miles out of 21 whoopee do.
For August and September I set myself a challenge not to buy any clothes and amazed myself by being able to do it for two months instead of one. I also find myself shopping in a different more thoughtful way not just mindlessly buying yet another top or skirt. May think about having one month of being allowed to buy and then one month not, it was cetainly very interesting to note how I felt differntly about shopping after not doing it for a fairly short space of time. Am also looking at ways of looking at my own wardrobe as a "shop" by putting some away or in a different wardrobe, just out of interest. We all need to be a bit more frugal these days so no harm to buy less, Am looking forward to the belly dancing class tomorrow, shoud be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment