Saturday 16 October 2010

squares blanket

Decided I would start and complete my blanket in Turkey the wool is inexpensive and I have plenty of time on my hands so instead of just playing games on my ipod, I knitted away for nearly all of the five weeks I was there.
I made 30 squares about 12 inches by 12 inches in pinks and purples arranged them in a pattern and then completed the marathon task of sewing them all together about two days before i was due to leave.
I think it looks really lovely and will be very cosy when watching TV or lounging around on the cooler evening. I may add a rib around the edges next time I go but it is finished really.
I also found it a great distraction from wanting to eat snacks like chocolate and crisps so hope it will help me with my target to lose some weight.
Have more squares that my Mum and sister have made me so am going to join them together to make another blanket here for the summerhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment