Monday 18 October 2010

Turkish Massage

I was very keen to go to a Turkish Haman to have a soap massage but could not find anyone that was willing to go to one with me.  I asked my new Turkish neighbour who agreed to take me but not locally as she said they were all "piss" dirty in Turkish.
On the day before my last day in Turkey we went to a five star hotel called Blue Moon in Sagur near Maveshir.
It is a lovely hotel and the haman was beautiful first we went in the sauna to remove toxins especially if you smoke which we don't but was still swaeting madly.  Then out for a cool shower and into the steam room, this was way too hot for me and I could only manage a few minutes before being led into the haman and having buckets of hot water thrown over me.
The masseur convinced me it was perfectly safe no men allowed and I was persuaded to remove my bikini top. As it was it was only myself S and the masseuse so it was fine.
I lay down on the marble slab to be rubbed vigourly with a rough glove to remove dead and dirty skin more buckets of water then I was covered in soap and massaged which was strangely creamy and lovely.
S got the camera to take my picture covered in bubbles then more buckets of water.
I sat up to have my hair washed while being clasped to the bosom of the masseuse which felt strangely like having your hair washed by your Mum but not un pleasant then more buckets of water until shockingly the last one which eas Freeeezing brrrrr.
i was then taken to the relaxation room for a face mask to be applied wrapped up given apple tea and left to relax for a few minutes. bliss
Lastly I had an aroma- therapy massage but included a medical massage on my knee as it was painful which appeared to be something like germolene but was strangely hot then cold.
Suitably pummeled and cleaned I lay for a few minutes to relax and recover but it was absolutely lovely.
i was glad i went to a posher one instead of the local ones nad it was also like having a spa day in Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment