Friday 15 July 2011

Ride a Horse

Who would have thought that the opportunity to ride a horse would just turn up when visiting the ancient site of Miletos in Turkey.
Just walking around with my good friend Kym and another couple we spotted a shepherd who was offering rides not really quite the same as donkey rides at the beach but still.
After telling Kym it was on my list a deal was struck and I was led over to a large flat piece of stone to get on.
The "saddle" was his coat upside down and the reins were hang on tight to the main.
I was very glad to know the Turkish for slowly and had a hair raising ride- for me that is while saying "Yavash yavash" every few seconds.
So didn't fall off or go very fast and think you must need to be really fit to really truly go horse riding but hey 5 Turkish lire well spent and another off the list .
While there with Kym I got her to share a skill with me as she is a fantastic photographer so she gave me a good few tips although we were hampered by the fact that I had forgotten my own camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment