Saturday 26 November 2011

Go To a 3D Film

On Saturday we went to the Science Museum in Kensington to go and see the Hubble Telescope film at the Imaxx cinema in 3D.
This is my first ever 3D film apart from long ago when I was a child and we had to wear cardboard framed glasses one red lens and one green.
We were well looked after paying a reduced rate for me and nothing for DH as carer and also were able to go into the lift instead of up 6 flights of stairs.
No food or drink allowed in this cinema which is marvellous no rustling of popcorn or slurping.
The introduction told us the screen was the size of 3 double deckers one on top of each other and lots more info about the sound system which I forget.
A pity still had adverts -not in 3D- but still annoying apart from the one for another 3D film about orangotangs and baby elephants. It was amazing I wanted to put my hand out and touch the baby orangotang that appeared to be right in front of my face.  I am glad I didn't go to see anything scary am bad enough at a normal film.
The film started and it was really very good about various space missions to fix and update the telescope.  I think I could have helped one astronaut put his boots on in front of me.
There were then so many fantastic images of the stars and galaxies all around us as well as images of the earth. I know its a clique but it really does make you feel very small and there really must be other people out there. How can we be alone in all this.
After the film we had a short look at a few iconic exhibits in the Museum- Stephenson's Rocket and a model TFord in black of course before going to a pub that we used to go to years ago when we were young and carefree.  The Churchill in Church Street. Our friend was once famously barred from here for moving a chair from the restaurant to the bar. It was absolutely packed with people so great atmosphere good beer, so I'm told and good company. That was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment