Monday 6 July 2009

Am back from Turkey - Swimming targets


Hi All
I have been back from Turkey for about a week now but was unable to post as have been a bit poorly but I have updated my list to show more of the ones I have completed. I had a lovely time in Turkey and made full use of the pool to help complete some of my targets.

So i was able to swim every other day and in fact probably swam most days as when the pool is just there outside your door and it is so hot , we,, it is just so inviting.

I got into a bit of a muddle about swimming the channel in a pool as I had made my target in yards them measured the pool in metres and then someone convinced me that the channel must be 380,000 yards.

Well this seemend very daunting so I set myself smaller targets starting with 1000 metres then 2 then 4, 5 and so-on.
In the end I managed to swim 15,000 metres over the six weeks.
I was really happy when I came home to find that the channel at its smallest point is 21 miles or 34,000 metres so hope that I will be able to achieve this within the two year period. Yippee.
I also went a little better than riding a tandem as i was feeling fairly well so bought a bike and was able to go round the block on it wowee

No comments:

Post a Comment