Wednesday 8 July 2009

Sewing Dress and Saresses

Suzanne tried to help me make a saress before I went to Turkey but unless you were very tiny it wouldn't have fitted anyone. Oops I think I made the seams too wide.
I took a small sewing machine with me to Turkey and had a go at making some saresses and a dress.

Unfortunately the cotton I took with me was very fragile and kept breaking which was very frustrating.

I abandoned the saresses and started making some beach coveralls using a selection of mine and Linda's to make an easy pattern but again was hsampered by the cotton.

I then made a very simple dress strapless with elasticated waist using the best cotton that I had.

So will have to make sure take better cotton to Turkey or find local dress-making shop.

Have bought home my favourite dress from Turkey which is very simple and comfortable to wear with a view to making some more to wear when I am in Turkey again in September.

So I am saying yes I made a dress but not saresses as they proved too difficult and will make beach coveralls instead

No comments:

Post a Comment