Saturday 14 March 2009

More Flowers in the Garden

Went out today with Ellen to garden centre for bedding plants for hanging baskets, We bought primullas, pansies, lupins and little pansies- know these are called something else but can't think of there name right now.
Ellen got more pots and compost for her vegetable plot on top of the air raid shelter. We then spent a happy hour or so re-potting hanging baskets and a few pots. ellen potted up a plum tree and various other stuff up on the roof.

I need to do a bit of research now of what plants to buy for the beds as would like it to have a riot of colour in the summer so this job is only half complted but the baskets and pots look nice.

2 comments:

  1. Weather here was quite chilly today - I did look out in Mums garden and we talked about what she wanted done in her garden. Strangely enough I said I wanted a fruit tree in my garden? Plums would be nice - I like them! I need to clear my garden of CAR RUBBISH first but determined to have a nice garden this summer. Will hae to weed it first before I am ready to do any planting and then might need some help to deiced what to plant -need to think about child proof plants ! I go into my garden when I want time to myself and too think

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have Lidl? fruit trees were £4 in there this week. Can't go wrong even if they fail.
    Have a list from my friend Jackie of plants for summer colour : hebe, anemone, hibiscous, agapanthus so will go for them next but wanted to get my hanging baskets done first. Have some rose bushes but they have not been successful.

    ReplyDelete